View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 05:15 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Aussie99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
Sorry to hear you are not well. There is a phenomenon of post viral or post infectious small fiber neuropathy. Its selective to the small nerves through a process of molecular mimicry. It usually happens after an illness such as flu bug,virus, gastritis, or other infection.

If eyes are involved it could also be a Miller Fisher Syndrome variant.

The good news is that people who have had this have posted recovery over time. So there is much much hope. Although it can be a bit slow... and often times things may seem to be getting worse before they actually get better.

The only thing I want to remind you is to REQUEST "copies of ALL your lab reports,tests,and neurological exams". I have heard too many times doctors saying tests were within normal range but the test was actually ABNORMAL for that patient.

Try to get a copy of your Skin Punch Biopsy and MRI radiology report. You may have to get a 2nd opinion. I find it unusual that you have all these symptoms but you have a normal skin punch biopsy. This does sound like small fiber to me. I am not a doctor but I too have all these symptoms. Mine started during a long bout of Gastritis with H. Pylori infection.

Wishing you good health.
Aussie
Aussie 99, could you also have hope if it is surgery induced? Started with everything a couple of weeks after surgery, and now 11 weeks later on Lyrica after Neurotin(was on about a month) could not touch the burning pain.

Thank you
baba222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote