View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Chris,

The tip of the tooth socket.... do you mean at the gum line edge or above the gum line where the roots were?

Did you have a fistula (pimple like bump on the gum) prior to the extraction? How many times was this tooth root canaled and did it ever have a surgical procedure called an apicoectomy?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinireland View Post
The infection seems to be in the gum area right at the tip of my tooth socket which I have pain still from the injection needles hence he said yesterday that it appeared like it was only two days into healing when it was 6 and he said that he felt that it would clear up but may take up to 4-6 weeks just a bit longer. He didn't do an Xray or bone graft nor has he referred me to an oral surgeon but said I feel its still at a very early healing stage and I'm hoping it will get better itself what you think?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote