Thread: next steps?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 10:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova_krose View Post
Been awhile since I've posted, last set of problems in 2005.

What I've got...in 2000 had a laminectomy and diskectomy on L4-L5 due to large herniation. That solved the intense leg pain, and I went through back strenthening exercises and got better. 5 years later, had a relapse, doc did an ESI, and I actually ended up in pain management because that little shot put me in the hospital on morphine. Symptoms started again this april. Had an MRI, was prescribed prednisone, gabipentin, and PT. Neurosurgeon did not sound promising about a surgical fix. Then symptoms were worse recently. Missed a full week of work and was only able to work half time last week. Couldn't get into see the neurosurgeon, but say my PCP and a physiatrist who did two ESIs...at L5 and S1. He said I had a lot of bony bits (trying to fuse myself apparently), and seemed surprised the neurosurgeon wasn't talking surgery. I go back to PT on Friday. So far, shots were 5 hours ago,doing better, but lidocaine still in system. I have a followup with the physiatrist in 2 weeks....should I make one with the neurosurgeon to ask about the physiatrist's fusion comment.Bottom line, I'm in my mid 50s and tired of hurting. If there's something safe and effective and that would prevent yet another occurrence, I'm all for it. Or, should I find an orthopedic surgeon? Tonight, I'm just hoping for some painfree sleep thanks to the lidocaine.

Kay
The problem with revisions is that success rates diminish significantly with each one. So...pick your battles carefully!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote