View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 01:42 AM
anon21816

anon21816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
HB, I am sorry to hear that you hurt worse now than before the surgery. I am scared of that as well. I did a trial in 2012 and loved it. It covered my leg pain but not my back pain. I did not get the perm as I figured if I was still going to need meds for my back.....why do it? Now, I have a new wonderful PM and he is sure he can get both my back and leg covered. He is going to see if there is a way for me to have a second trial. Not sure if this can happen. Do most people just keep going up and up on their meds? I'd rather not do that, but the pain is no longer tolerable when I sit at work. I can't jeopardize my job. I think I just need to go for it. I am very scared of post procedure surgery. I don't have any meds to cover post pain as I am tolerant to the meds I have now. I love reading your stories and I am thankful for this board amd the support you all given!
Hi
I just wanted to pass on my comments. I have failed back syndrome and have been suffering with my back for nearly 10 years now. I got my SCS in August 2010 and it has been a lifesaver for me. It has given me 50% if not higher my life back. I ca go out now and do things I couldn't 4 years ago. Mentally I'm in a better place. As soon as I had the trial I wanted it straightaway.
Now over those 4 years the leads have settled in. At first I didn't get much relief in my lower back. But as time progressed and obviously the leads were more secure with scar tissue building up, the relief I get in my back and down my legs is second to none. It's a life saver for me.
You said you liked the trial and that you are not in much meds. Than you really should consider it. But then listen to others. Of course you are going to hear good and bad stories. But at the end of the day only you can decide and I do hope you make the right decision.

Jackie
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hannabananna (09-18-2014), Rimbanda (09-22-2014), Rrae (09-20-2014)