View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 05:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Will, Mark in Idaho is 100% correct. I totally freaked out about the test. I mean totally freaked.

I was all concerned because WC ordered the test, and I was afraid they were going to try to screw me or something. DO NOT WORRY. The tests was actually the best thing that could of happened for me. Not only did it solidify my issues and everything I have been saying, but it took the blame off of any psychological issues (anxiety or depression) that my neurologist was starting to blame it on. According to the NP, I dont suffer from it, and my issues are pure brain damage.

Anyways, do not make the mistake I did though. I researched all the tests, and my cognitive therapist basically gave me practice tests on most of the ones I did during our sessions. In hindsight I wish I didnt know/do those. As it actually made me do much better on the test than I shouldve. The NP knew this, but didnt write it down in the report.

Anyways, the tests themselves were actually enjoyable. I understand the fear of them, and how much they take out of you. But go in with a positive attitude, and actually really push yourself and give your best effort. Youll be surprised what you can actually do. There are many years of science behind these, and they will know whats going on. Also, if you do poorly on some, and good on others, that just shows that certain areas are damaged. Its natural. Heck, there were some parts of my test I was 100% sure I did awesome on, and actually did poorly on. Vice versa as well. Hopefully you can get the results quickly, I had to wait 2.5 weeks for it.

Granted, I was blessed with a very good NP who was very knowledgeable, and actually hates WC and their practices when it comes to TBI patients. When he had told me that, it lifted a lot of paranoia off my shoulders, because I knew he wasnt going to be biased.

One other thing, stay calm and relaxed, seriously. A few members on here can tell you how bad I freaked out about it, from the day I found out I was having it, until the day I got the results. It was very bad how I acted. But, it in the end its the best thing that couldve happened to me.
Bruins88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote