View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 08:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Native Sacramentan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
Wow, some story. I wrote you an long answer, but decided to delete it. Not knowing your pain med doc, he might refuse to treat you. The pain med docs around here are beyond paranoid about what you did.

Don't get me wrong, I understand how you felt, but you may have complicated your life a lot.

I would emphasize the degree of pain and lack of compassion by the PCP. Same as I had. I can tell you the pain med docs around here think 180mg of Avinza is a horrendous amount of morphine.

It has ruined my memory and ability to process information well. BUT every human body is different. You might do ok on 400mg. Was it Kadian you used?

Oxycodone is fast relief for me. What frustrates me to this day is that morphine does not help a toothache. It does not stop the pain when I shut a drawer on my hand.

IF you are used to 400mg a day -- whew....you have to tell the pain med doc so he can help you get the dosage down.

UNDERSTAND IT IS PAIN MANAGEMENT, NOT 100% PAIN FREE.
It took me 3 or 4 months to figure that one out. Do you have a choice in pain med docs or is it an HMO?

You have a valid point and sometimes we have to do something to get our PCP to understand our level of pain. I took about a dozen Vicodin in one day. Mine accused me of abusing the drug and I told him to back up, if he had prescribed the correct meds, one pill would have been enough. He thought about it and sent me to a real pain med doc.

Best wishes Kristin, you really need to be careful though, the side effects can be bad too. Loss of memory, ability to think like you used to ... constipation can leave you in a lot of pain.

If you want more details, you can PM me....Dave
Born and raised in Sac before moving to Texas as soon as I could. Wish I was back home because in the UK you don't get pain management. Well you do, but it's only physiotherapy and no medication. I'd give anything to get as much meds as y'all.

Be careful and comply with your PM doctor. Know how lucky you are. I'm in advanced stages of CRPs and have permanent bodily injuries and all sorts of stuff and they literally do not care that without meds I'm completely homebound. My head was clearer when I was on meds in TX than it is without, and I was still able to do some things.

Pain medication shouldn't be, but it is, a priviledge, so please don't abuse it.
Texan in UK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote