View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 05:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for that. I'm still trying to get a grasp on all this. I have a glucose monitor and was using it that day to try to track things with the test, but it died on me. The last reading I got was 267, but I questioned that because it died shortly later (not the battery).

My regular doc just ordered another A1c test which I bet will be normal just like it was in July. It was 5.3% then.

Interestingly, I also just learned I have a high sensitivity to casein, the protein in dairy. I drink a glass of milk daily, have cream in my coffee in the morning, and usually eat yogurt and cheese on a daily basis too. They probably provide a big hunk of the carbs I'm eating right now, and they have to go.

Apparently this intolerance results in an immune response that causes systemic inflammation. This is something else I need to learn about now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--is high.

Moreover, the big drop from hour one to hour two does suggest at least a degree of reactive hypoglycemia.

A draw at one-and-a-half hours would have been interesting to see, as would concomitant insulin levels along with the blood glucose level draws; I bet there would have been a big insulin spike, probably "out of range", somewhere around one to one and a half hours.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote