View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi ripply,

He didn't suture it because the tissue covering the bone is too thin to hold a suture as the suture needle would pull right through the tissue.

Sometimes a small incision along the bony ridge can be a bit uncomfortable for a few days. Keep it clean with the warm salt water rinses and each day should bring some improvement.

Glad to hear that you are taking the probiotic. Make sure you are taking adequate amounts of it every day since taking the anitibiotics.

Bryanna

So
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripply View Post
Thanks Bryanna, I have been taking the probiotics for a couple of weeks now since you recommended them previously. My stomach does feel better now.

The dentist said he can't remove more of this bone sticking out because it's not a bone spur, it's actually part of my jaw bone. He take any X-rays and didn't seem very concerned about it. He filed the bone down but didn't stitch the gum after. I'm also a bit unsure if this pain is from the bone or from the injection as I've previously been sore after having that. It was healing up so well before this and I had no pain at all. Now it feels sore all the way back to my ear. It's only a tiny bit of bone showing but I'm so worried about infection.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ripply (09-19-2014)