View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 09:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markneil1212 View Post
GREAT idea vetoing game!! Doctor must be crazy. As far as school it can always be made up and going back too soon will just set back her recovery.

These publications...ignore them. I was tackled onto a ROCK playing football when I was young and I was fine a few months later never to be affected again by it. Those articles are a dangerous thing. I bet a microscopic look at my brain after that injury would find Something somewhere, no matter how small and unimportant and they would print an article about it

I'd be sitting out soccer for a while but there will be other opinions better than mine coming on the board soon enough.

You cant stop her from living once she gets better Soccer, that's one thing, but bike riding, I would let her continue doing that. She cant live in a bubble because of one small concussion

Also she shouldn't be walking until it hurts her head. Now that you know how far she goes when it starts to hurt, do a little less.

Believe me, others are going to come along that will articulate what i'm saying much better. As far as denying her the thing she loves, those are the hard choices parents have to make.

Another concussion in soccer may deny her much more than soccer. I don't know enough about soccer and the concussion rate but others here will. good luck,
Thanks so much for your reply. This board is really helpful. I think you articulated it well and good advice about staying away from the scary articles! Now that I know the general facts, I can just stick with the rest until the doctors say something different.
MusicM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-18-2014)