View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 09:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Pamissotired,

So you decided to have your general dentist remove the teeth, correct? Hopefully he was thorough with the surgery and you will have no residual problems.

It is normal to bleed from the surgical wound for a day or so. Only place the moistened gauze if the site is oozing. Otherwise do not put anything on that site. IF you use the gauze, be sure to moisten it slightly and bite down for 2 minutes before removing it. If you over use the gauze and/or you remove it too soon you could disturb the clot.

It's best to sleep with your head propped up on 2 pillows and you may have some bleeding throughout the night... that's okay.

Your dentist is well aware of the bacteria that remains inside of root canaled teeth. Typically dentists do not comment about that unless they are specifically asked about it.

Eat a soft nutritious diet for several days and avoid eating on that side for just as long. In 24 hrs start the gentle salt water rinses and continue doing them for several days to keep the plaque from accumulating on the site.

Hopefully you will start to feel better soon. Please keep us posted.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamissotired View Post
Well I pulled two teeth today. They weren't bothering me as much, but that has been the habit for 4+ years. Hurting then nothing. The wisdom tooth was a breeze, the other one came out easy but is really throbbing now, still bleeding to.
I'm panicking a bit. Did I do the right thing? The dentist must have said "well I hope this was the problem" five times. Plus "I can't see why the root canal wouldn't have fixed it" etc. well it's too late now, it's not that big a deal having a tooth pulled is it?? Eegads remorse, I sure hope this was the problem. So any recommendations for replacement?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote