View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito's girl View Post
This is my 1st post & my last attempt to get some answers or understanding for my boyfriend's behavior. Tito was only 22yrs old when he struck a tree with the left side of his head. I didn't meet him until 10 yrs after his accident. He has a TBI with short term memory loss & cognative thinking damage. I met him only a few times in person before leaving town for 6 mos. We had a celll phone relationship talking for countless hours & I came back early to be with him instead of only talking with him. EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM SEEMED PRETTY NORMAL...other than occasional forgetfulness. After just two days around him I realized how deeply his injuries affectet him & his daily living, etc... I was pretty involved (and curious) so I stayed with him. That was 2 yrs ago & I am having BIGv problems with him. He has lied to me constantly ans he goes thruogh my personal things daily and takes what he wants. I HAVE RESORTED TO LOCKING MY THINGS UP!! IS LIEING & STEALING RESULT OF HIS TBI? I CAN'T DO THIS!

Of course after 2 yrs., it would be difficult to leave; but living the rest of your life with this constantly going on is almost impossible. The longer you stay, the more difficult it will be to make a life for yourself. He appeared to manage before he met you; most likely he will again go about his life as before.

Hope you will be at peace with your decision.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (09-20-2014)