View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 10:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A Message of Hope

After starting this thread, and finally managing to put Lyrica behind me, I moved on, feeling oh so much healthier and happier. I checked back and saw the additional posts and wanted to tell all of you still suffering that there is hope. You will eventually be able to break free from the nightmare of Lyrica, but it will take time, if you want to get through it with the least discomfort.

My biggest issue with cold turkey or tapering too fast is that Lyrica can cause withdrawal issues that linger for months with no decrease in levels of symptoms. As terrible as an opiate withdrawal is, it lasts a week or two, with symptoms decreasing daily. You can actually TELL you are getting better. Not so with Lyrica. Even after my very long taper was over and i was off the drug, I continued to have drenching cold sweats for months, although eventually these left me too.

If your Doctor tells you that your withdrawal symptoms are all in your head, all I can tell you is FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR. This is very real, horribly uncomfortable and altogether unpleasant. Taper slowly, be committed to getting off the drug, and be good to yourself.

Triviafriend
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (09-23-2014)