View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 10:48 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Questions about Sjogrens

Hello, I'm so glad I found this site! I'm having problems with my chest/lungs today and wanted to see if anyone else ever has this. I have a new rheumatologist who I have seen twice so far. First visit, did labs, test for Sjogrens. He said Sjogrens positive. As for lupus, he said he wouldn’t diagnosis me with that w/o a 5 year history (or so) of problems. Gives me plaquenil, back in 2 months. I tried the medicine for almost a week but suffered horrible headaches. Not taking that.
About a month after that, I woke one night with pain in my stomach. I stood up and got leg and arm weakness, like I weighed 500 pounds, with feeling SO hot, sweating really bad and flushed. Went back to bed and woke up better but not normal. Since then I'm really dizzy, not visually seeing things spin but inside my head feels dizzy. I have had severe fatigue for a long time but its worse now.
Then, it was a hot day and I was outside for about an hour shooting my bow and I got really weak and nauseous and dizzy, short of breath kind of with a strange feeling in my lungs. No wheezing or anything like that. I was exhausted and felt like passing out. Took a cool shower and was useless the rest of the day. My husband said I was really pale. My head felt pressured, behind my eyes felt like that and I had whooshing in my ears with my heartbeat loud and I could feel my inner ears pulsating. I had to lay down the rest of the day. Since then, I feel like I took Benadryl or Nyquil medicine that makes you feel sleepy and your body feels floaty. So, I went back for a second visit. He wants an MRI and some more blood work.
Can someone please tell me if Sjogren's alone can be making me feel this way? I also would like to know if anyone experiences problems with their chest/lungs? I woke this morning feeling like I have bronchitis or something. When I breathe in my lungs feel congested but I have no congestion. They aren't tight, I can breathe. They are also burning, like when you're sick with a chest cold and your breath and chest feel on fire kind of. Does anyone with Sjogrens have this or am I just going completely crazy?
Shelly44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote