View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Cervical Disc Herniation

Hi, has anyone else experienced this? I found a thread from 7 years ago, but nothing recent. Long story short, for two years now I've had a cervical disc herniation C5/C6 with pinched nerve, pins and needles in right hand, pulsatile tinnitus, headaches at the base of my skull, neck pain, ear fullness, feeling off balance, and probably a few more I'm leaving out. Initially I tried to manage it with Motrin, but it sometimes didn't even lessen the pain a little. Went to PT which helped slightly, but nothing noticeable. Have been with my chiro for 6 months (specializes in Active Release Technique) which really helped, but isn't doing much as of late.

I hate this! I'm almost 33 years old, have a young daughter to look after. I'm so irritable over it all. The headaches alone on top of taking care of a 3 year old is terrible. I feel like I can't function as a mother.

Has anyone had success with surgery? At first I was against surgery and tried to treat it in various ways (listed above), but I'm seriously considering surgery. Thinking maybe a disc replacement. I just really think being as young as I am, I shouldn't have to live my life in this much pain for hopefully the next 40+ years.
Kvans81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote