View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 06:35 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

To answer your questions -

1) What treatments have you had done for your periodontal disease and did your general dentist or a periodontist perform them?

Just about everything but gum surgery, cleanings 4x a year, root scalings/planings, antibiotics, mostly done by general dentist and hygienist. Am considering lasar gum surgery at this juncture.

2) Do you smoke, drink alcohol or take medications that contribute to having a dry mouth?

None of the above.

3) Do your gums bleed, are you teeth lose, do you have bone loss throughout your mouth from the disease?

Yes, but have seen some improvement. I've been exploring and trying other treatments such as essential oils, herbs, different supplements, natural antibiotics, etc.

4) Do you have other root canaled teeth?

I have 1 other root canal that seems to be okay. The one needing removal is very infected and probably has been for some time. As far as my health being effected, I know what you're saying since I haven't felt really good in a very long time. Some days are better then others but my energy level is quite low and most of the time I have to push myself to just get through a days work. I know how important diet is and have made major changes there as well. I've looked at doing the "all on four" but don't have $26K to dish out all at once so am trying to do the best I can to hold onto the few bottom teeth I have left that are okay and work from there. I know my options are quite limited at this point but am hoping once the infected root canal tooth is removed maybe things can finally start to get much better.

Thanks much!
JML22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote