View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Interesting site, but...

and there is always one 'but', isn't there?

I am doggedly suspicious of web sites that use dated or unaccessable references that seem to dovetail neatly any given philosophy or therapy. I mean no disrespect here. If you can manage your pain by living so simply that is excellent, in fact I am jealous to a degree. I don't think any who are not so fortunate resent your good fortune one bit.

Most of the medications we take for pain - have frequently updated patient information - resulting from doctor and patient feedback [usually regarding adverse reactions or actions]. I believe that few physicians bother to report adverse reactions, while WE the educated patients report it - or should do so to all legitimate sources who will listen. It has stood me in good stead, and as one 'lesson' I have learned well from the cancer communities! While all along us patients who on any medication[s] long term, are not being informed about these often important changes!

Neuropathy advocacy is virtually non-existent for the growing numbers of PN'ers. Research is a 'booming' business, but focus is lacking. Most of any advocacy seems to be coming from other other sources such as those who have PN as a by-product of some other primary disease [diabetes and cancer, for example].

Research on nerve damage has been racing by leaps and bounds in just the 4 long [or, short] years since I acquired my set of issues. Here is one example:
http://www.news-medical.net:80/?id=25792
I mean, did any of us know that there are specially bred MICE to address PN issues? And that only relates to Herpes Simplex!

I point this out to simply say there is no one key program, as other situations, conditions and illnesses can, and do either intrude, prevent or forbid our ability to adhere to ANY program per-se. I DO believe that we each have the intelligence, motivation and ability to learn and achieve some degree of comfort.

Even just ONE little pain-free moment today....for all! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote