View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 12:23 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have been living with CRPS for two years. I have read everything I can get my hands on about CRPS. Plus I'm a nurse practitioner. My doctors and I feel that the TOS along with scar tissue from my original ulnar nerve surgery is aggravating the CRPS. Every time I start to get the CRPS under control either TOS or ulnar symptoms aggravate it and wake the beast. Plus I have an EMG that shows a brachial plexsis injury.

One of the only indications to do elective surgery on a CRPS extremity is if there is nerve impingement that is fueling the CRPS, and that is exactly what I have. It has been a long road to get to this point, compounded by the fact that this is a WC injury (and any one who works for WC should be forced to have their hand pressed against a hot burner on a stove for five minutes and then be told they can't seek treatment for the pain).

My current pain doctor is not that up-to-date with CRPS so I'm hoping to get an appointment with a pain doc at the hospital where my surgery is. There is a doc there that does both in and out patient so he can facilitate appropriate pre/post-op CRPS treatment as well as pain control.

I know that hospital stays are variable, but I was just curious how long other people have had to stay. I'm trying to plan ahead for childcare the best I can, so I'm just looking for other people's experience.
gigicnm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote