Thread: root canal
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Marija,

Glad to hear that you went to the oral surgeon for a consultation. I think you know that it is inevitable that both of these teeth will need to be extracted. Retaining even one of them means keeping the infection as ALL root canaled teeth are chronically infected. So it is important to consider all the issues that are at stake here. I hope you and your dentist are able to mutually agree on what needs to be done so you are rid of the infection and will thoroughly discuss your replacement options before you do anything else.

Please keep us posted.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marija View Post
I went today to dentist. My pain in face is worse so I couldn't wait till Monday. I have been feeling ill for several days which I blamed on possible viral infection. No more waiting. I got antibiotic and dentist agreed one tooth is bad and he is willing to help me. I am having appointment on Monday to discuss everything with him. I told in short what I want and that I want both teeth out. So I hope that I will resolve my problem soon.
Thank you for your help. I found lot of good info here and read a lot how bad root canal teeth are. As a matter of fact several months ago I pulled out one I had. It didn't make me lot of trouble but I decided to get rid of them all. That one was easier but I waited a bit longer for this front ones cause of some financial problems and it looked a bit complicated with that bridge.
I will post next week what I did at the dentist. He is actually oral surgeon which should be better for the extraction.
Take care and nice weekend.
Marija

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Marija (09-22-2014)