View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 02:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonsyard View Post
Hi Everyone,

Been four weeks now since last took Lyrica. However, still getting neck ,thoracic and face spasms , ( these symptoms only started while taking Lyrica ) My Neuropathic pain suddenly returned but not too bad now. The spasms I believe ? are called Dystonia and I read that this is caused by disruption of the neurotransmitters. ? Can anyone that has reached the other side relate to this .
My Doc is in denial that there is any effects from Lyrica and so looks at me as some oddity. Does not do much for your confidence.

Regards

Nick
Yes Yes and more Yes. I have been off Lyrica about 50 days now and the pains are lessening but still randomly bad. Out of the blue I woke up the other morning with a new pain I had not had before. It was a stabbing pain in my right shoulder so bad that I was teary. It did subside over a 3 day period. One thing I find fascinating is that alcohol made it totally disappear for about half an hour. I had half a beer and the relief was amazing. Apparently alcohol also affects your GABBA in a similar way. At least I was sure that it was still the effects of withdrawal so I relaxed and just let my body cope in its own time by itself. Lyrica is shocking. It was good for my nerve pain but what it does to your body long term is just horrendous.
McKenzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (09-20-2014), Johnsonsyard (09-20-2014)