View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 03:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
Yes Yes and more Yes. I have been off Lyrica about 50 days now and the pains are lessening but still randomly bad. Out of the blue I woke up the other morning with a new pain I had not had before. It was a stabbing pain in my right shoulder so bad that I was teary. It did subside over a 3 day period. One thing I find fascinating is that alcohol made it totally disappear for about half an hour. I had half a beer and the relief was amazing. Apparently alcohol also affects your GABBA in a similar way. At least I was sure that it was still the effects of withdrawal so I relaxed and just let my body cope in its own time by itself. Lyrica is shocking. It was good for my nerve pain but what it does to your body long term is just horrendous.
Hi Mckenzie , As I have said in previous posts to you , You and I are going down the same road. Also I also found alcohol made me feel good , no pain, I had some wine at my daughters birthday. I have also been given some Chamomile from my homeopath, have not started , but this also binds with the gaba receptors. Yet to see how things work out. Awful day today . Crippling pain in neck and back .

Let me know how things go with you and I will reciprocate.

Regards

Nick
Johnsonsyard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote