View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hi Callahan!

I understand right where you're at! When my Dr first presented me with the option of SCS, I ran in the other direction and hid from him for nearly 2 yrs!
It sounded completely creepy to me.

Only after I tried every possible avenue I knew of to help with my RSD in both legs/back, then I finally went back to Dr SCS with my tail between my legs and I was completely desperate by that time.
Thank goodness for the trial,, and I'm glad you've had a positive experience with yours. I went ahead with the permanent unit and was glad I did. It covers 70% of my RSD. Like Jackie, it gave me a lot of my life back. Now, that's not to say that I didn't have some issues with mine. SCS's can be a high maintenance thing, meaning repeat visits for tweaking to get the right coverage area, possible lead migration, battery issues

Like HB shares, unfortunately sometimes it doesn't have the same effect as others.....actually, I don't know of any two people having the same testimony. Each case is unique.
It's just good to hear the different stories to get a realistic idea of the different outcomes.
I wish you the best as you come to a decision. Many many questions go thru our minds as we go thru the process and you're at a great place for support no matter how you decide to go forth.

Caring,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cameron1958 (04-02-2015), Rimbanda (09-22-2014), ShaggyChic_1201 (09-26-2014)