View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 05:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dahlek,

You're dismissing all of it because of dated research? Isn't a study useful and valid if it's well thought out and well carried out no matter how old? The protocol has 35 references, some as recent as 2002. The protocol was written in 2003. Out of the dozens of recommendations, which in particular are you dismissing?

This article covers a lot of ground. Even if one or more items have not been supported with the latest research, that leaves everything else that has been shown to be helpful. If you can't find a reference (have you looked? do you have access?) why would you doubt the integrity of the people at LEF. They have some commercial interest, but I've found nothing they wrote over the years to be bogus, and they always report new findings that refute or support their recommendations. There are physicians on this board who trust their research and recommendations, and so do I.

Of course the references support their point of view. The people at LEF are research biologists. They probably surveyed the literature, put promising studies and various theories together and then came up with their point of view. That's what I would do to put together a protocol, and that's what I did with my "program" in the Stickies section. The difference is that the scientists at LEF have far more depth and breadth of knowledge than me.

A protocol like the LEF one, or mine for that matter, is not a simple thing, or as you say "one key program." Instead, they are a way of living and being that promotes health. I doubt that details such as exact amounts or formulations of a particular supplement, or whether apples or pears are better for you, or whether you sing or meditate for stress relief are critical. The framework and approach in the protocol are the important thing. Following the framework and most details of this type of protocol while making changes as you see fit is empowering yourself and changing your life and health.

Or you can try a pill, then another one or two or three, or raise or lower the dosage.

How has that been working for you? Good enough to continue on the same path, or are you ready to try a whole other approach?

BTW, you can do the entire protocol, and continue with the medication. I'd bet a dollar to a dime that if you live the LEF protocol, you would need less and less medication as the months went by, and you would want less and less medication, and you would feel better and better in six month increments as the years went by.

Last edited by Wing42; 06-06-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Wing42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote