View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 09:48 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Pam,

Your bite is going to go through changes for awhile as the inflammation in the bone settles down. Your bite should not be adjusted until the extraction sites heal as that is when the inflammation will be healed also.

You do not need to replace the wisdom tooth. Replacement options for the pre molar depend on several factors. Some options may be a dental implant, a permanent bridge or a partial denture. It is best to discuss these options with your dentist.

Hopefully the pain that you were having has diminished and everything goes well for you!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamissotired View Post
Hi everyone, fun side effect of getting my teeth pulled my bite us now driving me mad! Feels like my teeth are only touching in two spots. I'm wondering how long should I wait to get my bite adjusted? I think maybe some of the teeth are just exta pressure sensitive right now but it hard to say.

Also I'd really like some opinions on replacements. I had thought to just leave to spot empty but now my front teeth are really butting each other.

Pam

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote