View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 11:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Many thanks:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
lurking, i'm in seattle and have attended two pd support group meetings where Mischley spoke. she made the point that glutathione breaks down very rapidly and she had gt from different sources tested and only key pharmacy knew how to preserve it. don't know if true or not.. btw she isn't a MD but a naturpath. she hasn't published yet her 1st nasal gt study funded by the NIH as far as i know which only tested safety, not efficacy. i have spoken to at least 3 pd''ers that got gt rx's from Mischley for gt and saw no benefit. at one of the support meetings i believe she said she considers it more neuroprotective than for reducing pd symptoms. of course everyone is different, might help some not others. keep in mind that dr's hauser AND PERLMUTTER published a paper showing no benefit from IV gt in pder's in a small double blinded trial.

Mischley said she was getting calls from neuros about nasal gt so i imagine your neuro could write an RX for you. my advice is get it from key pharmacy to make sure your're getting "good" liquid gt assuming you can afford it, i've heard it's $75/month delivered refrigerated, might be wrong. here's their website
http://www.keycompounding.com/

i have no connection to key. i'm not encouraging anyone do this but just want to put in my 2 cents. i haven't tried it but might. tried IV GLUTATHIONE back in 2003 and noticed no affect but symptoms were very mild. got rx from my neuro, he's open to trying alt-meds, and got supplies from local compounding pharmacy, nurse friend gave me the IV'S.

kind of surprised there's not many pd'ers posting on the web about it if it really made a difference. that would be the first thing i'd do.
Thanks so much, ST. I did read about Perlmutter's study (was really hoping that would have a different result, though). Seems like I've read more about people with ALS trying this intranasal gt than I have PWP. I guess it's worth a try, heaven knows we've tried so many other things, what's one more!
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote