Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Hello!
I've been using Fentanyl patches for 3 yrs (manufactered by Watson).
They've been very helpful.

Today I picked up my monthly refill and the pharmacy has switched manufacturers. These are made by Mallinckrodt.

I haven't opened them up yet, as it's not quite time to change my patch, but my immediate concern is that these patches are significantly smaller than those made by Watson. These are the matrix kind, which is administered via the adhesive. I've never used the matrix kind, only the gel ones. After what I've been reading online, I'm getting very concerned that these patches are for the birds and that I'm going to be in bed with pain and w/d symtoms. For one thing, I'm not finding very much info whatsoever and the few reviews that I do find are all negative.

Has anybody used both of these brands and if so, is there a significant difference in them?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Rae

Hi I have been on them sense my accident, I 2 got the new ones from different manufacture, I tried it and it stuck 6 hrs then had to tape it. I called my Pharmisist and he cannot get Watson anymore, The government had been cracking down on everything. I was on Delaudid and Jan 1st the government made manufactures mimit there amount. Watson is the same, you may find them in Hospitals Pharmacy and there is a difference, They are supposed to work for 3 days and im on my 3rd and I start withdraw the 2nd day and 3rd day its not working at all. But it is not the Pharmacy fault it is the government controlling people that are in need because of people abusing the medicines that work for us. After Delaudid I couldn't get I switched to Mrphine ER its coated so I cannot and do not abuse them or any of my medicine. But drug addicts I guess the ones you see threw they cut open I saw on sites and shoot them up or suck the liquid out of them which is very dangerous due to the glue sticky part that eats liver functions. I called all around and no one has Watson fentyanl anymore and has been trying due to I guess the drug addicts wanting them. I was at mine and had a guy in there and he said he couldn't use the new ones because his doctor said he couldn't. No Doctor would care what brand they or you use all are same they think but they are not. Thye do not stick at all, tape I guess makes them release the medicine more quickly due to the fact they don't work on day 3 at all anymore. Never had to use tape on Watsons, I checked with Watsons website and yes my Pharmacist was right government has reduce there production I guess for hospitals only. I also found out Oct 6th 2014, vicodine and Norcos are going to be schedual 2 also so doctors cannot no longer call them in my doctor didn't know this yet but hes un happy with his other patients now have to go in each month and get a written script, no refills, more work for pain doctors and I don't drive but im on sch 2 meds anyways. Fentyanal and Percocet both sch 2, You see I hope you don't have to tape them I thin that's why they don't work day 2 and 3 nothing.. Its like tin foil and the 3 patch I put on edge bent and stuck together I couldn't unstck the edge, they are a mess, good luck. I wish they could operate on my nec C2 rotated and no surgeon will operate on C2. Im gonna just get pain pump in stomnach and meds will go to my pain area, delaudid, morphine which don't last long for me, don't now why delaudid worked and jan 1st they cut off pharmacies, I hate the abusers and drug addicts who ruin it fo r me and my pain I have to deal with more because of them...
diehardt06 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote