View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 06:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was dx'd with Sjogrens about two years ago. I haven't had any lung issues, but have heard that people with this illness, can sometimes be more prone to them. I have had more sinus infections than usual, and some of them have led to Bronchitis. And, sinus issues and bronchitis are definitely said to be an issue with those suffering fromSS, due to the dryness.

I don't think it would hurt anything to use saline spray daily. If you suspect at all that you have bronchitis...get to a doctor right away!!! (Either your rheumatologist or your GP)

Have you been to the Sjogren Society website? It's helpful. Many doctors were taught that SS is a disease of simply dry eyes and mouth. It isn't always this simple. If your rheumie thinks like this, it could be a problem.

I have lupus as well. I think with this and probably all autoimmune illnesses, it's super important to eat right, avoid sugar, avoid stress and when facing unavoidable stress...learn to manage it well, and avoid people with colds, etc. and wash your hands often. Recent popular literature says that a gluten free diet is helpful, so I have been doing that as well.

These types of things have helped me with both my lupus and SS.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote