Thread: On my own
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 07:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I hear ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion06095 View Post
Nurse Nancy, all I needed was a doctor to order an MRI. Of course I didn't know it at the time, but my MRI leaves no question. I have had MS for a long time.

Could it be that they thought I was lying? I'd say "for two weeks I couldn't walk. I would have come in sooner but, well, I couldn't walk". His answer? "You seem to walk just fine now".

Do I, per chance, have the word "liar" tattooed on my forehead? It wasn't just one or two doctors that were dismissive. This went on for decades. I finally stopped complaining because it is embarrassing to have it insinuated that I was faking.
I hear that. I copped the same thing. Why didn't I seek help at the time I was so sick. I couldn't barely walk. Talking was slurry. Brain was too foggy to drive and on my own with no friends or family. I got called a liar. I had a Dr yell at me and call me a liar. Thankfully I found a real Neuro that believes me and treats me like a human. Some Drs are in it for the money and some actually care.

I have a good one now and I hope yours is good too.

Every time disease or an idiot knocks us down we get up stronger. Keep fighting!
Sheep13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BellaLea (09-29-2014), marion06095 (09-22-2014), SallyC (09-21-2014)