View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 05:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Not convinced of my diagnosis of CRPS Type II

I was diagnosed with CRPS Type II with Radial Neuropathy (or Radial Neuritis) in my right upper extremity about a year ago. Over the last 3 years I've had 4 surgeries, bilateral Carpal Tunnel Releases and bilateral Cubital Tunnel Releases with Ulnar Nerve Relocations. None of which alleviated my original complaint of burning at the base of my thumb on the back of my hand. I have multiple symptoms of CRPS, but I'm just not convinced. I've never experienced the red swollen, waxy white or sweaty hand or sores. I almost feel like I can't have CRPS since I don't have these key symptoms. I experience the burning pain, when I miss my meds, or my pain is triggered by something. My triggers for breakthrough pain are crazy!! If my hands are exposed to even the slightest bit of cold my fingertips burn painfully, if my hand or arm is touched by someone, if I get a hangnail, bruise, scrape or somehow injure my finger/hand or arm sometimes immediately or even hours later I get shooting pains along my arm and/or the base of my thumb burns (slow summation I guess it's called). Sometimes if the weather is about to change or if I'm getting sick, that too can trigger breakthrough pain. And if I'm experiencing pain it's a given that I can't fall asleep easily or stay asleep. I'm glad that I don't have the other symptoms, but it makes me question if I really have it. I live in a very rural area and I've only seen a few Dr.'s and I'm not sure they were/are qualified to give me that diagnosis. I guess I just want someone to tell me that I don't have CRPS, maybe I'm in denial, or maybe I'm just stuck in Stage I?? If anyone has insight when it comes to what I guess is "mild-moderate", please fill me in. Thanks!!

Last edited by skj1519; 06-06-2007 at 05:50 PM. Reason: addition
skj1519 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote