View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 08:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am currently on 30mg oxycontin IR and 60mg ER a day, have been since Dec. 2012. It stopped working at the doses I am on about 6 months ago but my PC didn't want to raise the dosage. I agree with his decision, although that means I am in pain most of the time.

My insurance doesn't cover ketamine either topically or otherwise, my pain mgmt doc went over my options after all 3 shot rounds failed. Its either more pills of different opioids or a dilaudid pump. They typically don't support off label uses or what they term experimental solutions, they wouldn't even pay for lyrica after my first surgery since it was technically used for an unrelated ailment/diagnosis. The other doctors I have tried to see have told me that they cannot/will not take me as a patient (they wouldn't even tell me why) and that I should go to my original neurosurgeon, so I am stuck there too.

I just want it fixed, even if its just for 4 more years that's long enough for me to finally finish my degree, which I've been trying to do since 2007.
SurgeryJunkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote