View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 06:37 PM
artist

artist

Hi skj1519,

Welcome - I hope we can be of some help, we'll try at least!

I just wanted to get the ball rolling by saying that you don't need to have all the listed symptoms of RSD/CRPS to be diagnosed with it, or indeed have it. Some literature discusses RSD patients who don't have pain even (go figure..) - but I just wanted to ask you what you think you have if it's not RSD.

With CRPS Type2, the new name for the old condition termed "Causalgia", there is clinical evidence of nerve damage, so I presume you have a documented case history. So..what symptoms do you have? And why don't you think it's RSD? Do you suspect a misdiagnosis and that you really have a different condition?

BTW, we have several RN's with the disease on this forum, but no doctors, we can only help with ideas and offer advice and suggestions - plus support if you need to rant and rave now and then, LOL.

Although I had a bright red puffy hand/wrist for the first 6 months or so, I don't have it any more. And I've never had sores, lesions, nail or hair changes or white waxy skin (? that's a new one one me, but I learn more every day ). I have mild RSD at the moment.

The people on this forum have a wide variety of symptoms - many that are not listed on the clinical diagnostic evaluation list.

We also have several people who have come to RSD from the same RSI route as you, so I hope we can help you some.

As I said, glad you found us,
all the best!

Last edited by artist; 06-06-2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: grammar...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote