Old 09-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canswicky View Post
Hi Everyone-
I just got approved and I'm super happy about this. However, my disability amount isn't enough to pay all my bills. Right now I couldn't imagine working, but soon I may need to work part time to help pay my bills. Right now I live with my mom, who is supporting me.
I have bipolar, anxiety and depression and an artificial heart valve. These conditions prevent me from working high stress jobs and now with increase of my meds, I have a hard time concentrating. However, if need be I may try and get a bagging job at a grocery store.
In my approval letter I am within the MIE, I think due to my age. Rvd. in July 2015, this falls within the 18 month time period.
So my question is, if I eventually go back to work part time for 15 hours or so and stay well beneath the SGA amount do you think I will be risking losing my benefits?
I'm caught between a rock and a hard place here and I'd like to believe what the REDBOOK says about working part time being ok....Any thoughts?? Thanks for your input.
Canswicky
Again I'm so relieved to have been approved, and I am not complaining, I'm just obsessing and worrying over something I truly have no control over. I guess I'm just looking for other's who have worked part time and have survived ....and have kept their SSDI....please put me at ease if possible.
Thanks a lot.
Are you receiving SSI or SSDI? Different rules apply.

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/top...ile-disability
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote