Thread: Starting SSRI
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 07:46 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sounds all too familiar. I understand when you say nothing works. It didn't matter what I took or relaxation method I tried, there was no getting rid of it. I call it "the feeling" and would never wish it upon my worst enemy.

For me sleep has been the key to recovery. I don't know which caused which- the anxiety or the insomnia- but it's a vicious cycle. Are you sleeping at night? I too was waking (when I slept) anywhere between 3 and 5am with immediate panic attacks.

Like I said, I don't know if its meds, finally sleeping, or if this is "healing" but I hope I'm on the upside of this. I'll stay cautiously optimistic as the plan for now is to continue on all meds for 3 more weeks, then re-evaluate.

It's definitely taken a toll on my mental state for sure. I was a panic attack away from mentally cracking for so long that now these constant thoughts of PCS, anxiety, being "crazy" and grieving the loss of my old self run through my mind constantly.

I've recently started therapy about my thoughts which sounds pretty insane in itself. I'm hoping for positive results so we shall see. I'm interested in talking to you more and checking in with your progress.

32 year old female
Fell off pool ladder on 07/26/14 and hit back of head on concrete, was unconscious for a few minutes.

Clear MRI and CT. Meds: 15mg Mirtazapine, heavy vitamin regimen

Symptoms: Anxiety (getting much better), sleep disturbances, fatigue, don't feel like myself

Getting better everyday thanks be to God! War Eagle!
RAllen82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
underwater (09-24-2014)