View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmh2011 View Post
Hello everyone! I was recently diagnosed with TOS and have begin to try to find some relief! I have had an appointment with Dr. Annest and he confirmed TOS and requested that I see Dr. Sanders for a scalene block. Then we ALS talked about surgery. I am very concerned about having Sanders do the block. From what I understand his practices are very outdated. I would love to hear any feed back on any recent experiences with either of these doctors??? Thanks for all of the help and information!!!
I think Dr. Sanders is a God, but I did hear from another patient that he has symptoms which appear to resemble Alzheimers. He no longer does surgery and consults for Dr. Annest. He does in office procedures, but another woman who had actually gotten a scalenectomy from him (and had her husband in the office for a second analysis for the other side) noted her performed a scalene block on the side he had already operated on. (i.e. she had her scalene muscle partially removed already). Like me, she considered Dr. Sanders a god, but couldn't help but notice he was scattered.

I guess what I am saying is, his methods are great, but he may not be in peak form. Scalene blocks can be dangerous, although he has probably performed them in his sleep. That being said, he knows more about TOS than any other doctor on the planet. This I can tell you after years of research. He took my calls for years and I nominated him for a Nobel prize (not that they gave it to him). He has spent his whole career researching TOS and his book on TOS (which you can find online) tells the story of what will happen to you.....It basically told the story of my life had I known it when I first read it.......
ChimarenTaylor1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote