View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Thumbs up Helllo, new here but have had TOS a while now!

Hello All,

I was diagnosed with bilateral TOS in 2009, after a cumulative trauma (repetitive strain) injury chronic from bad ergonomics at a bad job that I had for 8 plus years.

I had surgery on ONLY the right side (I am R hand dominant and it was worse on the R side) in 2010. Had paralysis afterwards of my R arm, gradually recovered somewhat so I can get by. Adjusted and changed my lifestyle and kissed certain sports good bye (Tennis, golf, surfing, dancing with my arms above my head, etc).

I had all kinds of pain management afterwards and got a spinal cord stimulator. Weaned off of fentanyl, went back on fentanyl, weaning back off of fentanyl. Now that my dose of opiates is lower, I feel so much more Left sided pain and symptoms.

I cannot lie on my Left side when in bed, cannot lift my left arm without SHARP stabbing pain, can't even remove a sweater or coat without SHARP stabbing left shoulder area pain, it is getting worse with throbbing and more and more ciscomfort around the neck, etc.

Unfortunately I have WC for insurance as this was a work-developed injury and they keep refusing me to see the TOS/thoracic surgeon again.

I am afraid I am going to get a blood clot one day and die! I have gotten used to the pain on the R side so that I think I can get back to work at something. But the Left sided pain is SO SHARP and constant I think I need surgery on it now. Not sure what to do how to handle WC, I am in California and their WC system is terrible/evil.

Any advice or suggestions appreciated!!