View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markneil1212 View Post
they have a record of me at local hospital and I've gotten morphine injections before, but it will just wear off.
I've been to the ER twice (many years ago) for migraines. The person who treated me (don't know his rank—orderly, nurse, PA, MD, whatever) told me that pain was one thing they could treat; "Nobody leaves here in pain." He was good to his word, but as you say, it wore off. That was ok in my case (I was just there for a 'rescue'); yours and many others aren't so lucky.

As I said, that was many years ago; things have changed.

Quote:
I didn't want to go back on oxy's, now I se no other way. pain is causing too many palpitations, and I'm already horribly obese.
Don't feel bad/guilty about that—I don't neeed to remind you that even warriors on the battlefield are treated for pain. (Though I can't say it'll do much for the obesity... We've got that in common too.) There are some very sound reasons—medically and otherwise—for the adequate treatment of intractable pain.

Here are some publications by Forest Tennant M.D., Dr. P.H.—a respected pain management doctor, that can explain it better than I. These (short) 'books' have been invaluable to myself and countless others:

The Intractable Pain Patient's Handbook for Survival

The Intractable Pain Patient's Guide to Pain Free Hours (Revised Mar 3, 2014)

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon1028 (09-23-2014), hopeful (10-03-2014), PamelaJune (09-23-2014), St George 2013 (09-24-2014)