Old 09-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD
I'd like to clarify the term OCD...

OCD is a seriously disabling disorder. The checking and other repeated things/thoughts are so profound as to interfere with life most of the time.
Quote:
Tics are mostly organic... involving the brain. Some drugs will create tics, like amphetamines, and other stimulants, or disruptions of dopamine in the brain, or inflammation in the brain. Tardive dyskinesia is an example of a drug induced movement disorder that comes from antipsychotic medications.
Tourette's may also be inherited.
Yes, lots of things can cause tics.

The D in O C D is the difference. Lots of people have obsessive or compulsive behaviours or both. Most people I know anyway.

but back to cats and newspaper.

In the olden days
the chips at the fish and chip shop were always wrapped in newspaper. Makes me ill just thinking about it.

My cat has a routine. She'll do the same thing in the same place all the time. She'll walk across the same area of the room in a cycle every time she wants to go outside.

There's an interesting book called "All cats have Asperger's Syndrome" which is really aimed at a children's audience to explain AS to them by using cat behaviours. i.e. routine, sensitivity of the senses like hearing, and food preferences... things like that.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (09-23-2014)