View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 04:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Electron! A little more about my story. I have always been a chemistry guy. Since I was old enough, I started working in R&D labs. When I got out of high school, I started my first paid chemistry job as a lab tech. In the 2 years I worked there, I had been exposed to some really nasty chemicals, which is what caused me to leave. The most remarkable were a large inhalation exposure to titanium tetrachloride, and several large inhalation exposures to 99.9% pure anhydrous ammonia. At the times of exposure, there was no notable nerve damage or ill effects. I am currently in the process of switching my diet to a mostly plant based diet. I have avoided processed foods and sugars most of my life, but even more in the last few years. When I do eat meat, I try to make sure it is grass fed, responsibily raised from local farmers. I have been losing weight since my diagnosis(down 35 lbs). I am currently about 30 lbs overweight. Vitamin and metabolic testing only showed a low b12. I was at 287, and the allowed low was 200, hence the b12 supplement. My b12 is now up to 674 as of a month ago. I am not diabetic or pre-diabetic, and have not been on any long term medications until i started the Cymbalta recently.Thank you so much for your reply!
Joe V is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote