View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 07:32 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I have not actively practiced w/c since 9/03. But I recall these "time" issues used to come up occasionally on both sides of the fence. (Remember I represented insurance co.s, and that's why I try to share my experience so much with everyone, because I share sort of "insider" stuff.) Anyways, I think, and don't want to look it up, that when they take your history, etc., if it is a designated physican's aide in that regard, that the time is included. I vaguely remember that it doesn't have to be ALL by the doc himself or herself, but staff who are properly designated can be included in that.

I can't remember if reading your history and med reports adds to that 2 hour face time, if the doc reads them personally or has an aide.

I vaguely recall that 1/2 hour was required as face-to-face with the actual doctor. Again, it's in those Codes, and I just don't have the ability to go search right now.

It should be in the Labor Code itself having to do with QMEs. The Labor Code spells out specifically what is required of them in that regard, as I recall.

Whenever anyone I've known has seen a psych, the time there adds up to almost a full day, with testing. Are you saying you spent less than 2 hours for the total exam, as by your parking ticket - including testing, history, etc.? That would be outrageous.

I believe, but don't have the Criminal Code on hand, that taping in CA is illegal unless you had permission, or, you are out in public, (which a doc office I do not believe would justify a public place for the purpose of that statute - again, just my personal opinion and not a legal absoulte), just for those who are thinking of hiding a recording device.

Please keep the board posted on this, and if you want, I would like to know more about what happened as far as how long you were there, etc. It is useful for everyone to share, but bear in mind, Cal, as you already said, other jurisdictions may not be the same as what you've experienced, and the taping, etc., might be legal and useful in another state. They may use it for investigative purposes and not for "evidence admissable to court", which was our entirely different post.

Best of luck on your fraud complaint about the QME - I'm assuming it was that psych.

Last edited by tshadow; 06-06-2007 at 07:34 PM. Reason: misspell
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote