View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 01:04 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Anxiety can be the result of a neurochemical process that gets messed up. Thought processes are supposed to flow one direction. In the injured brain, they can get stuck flowing back and forth. Think of it this way. I have a sheet of paper to give you to read. As I give it to you, you start to read it. Before you take it, I pull it back and offer it to you again. This cycle repeats in what become anxiety.

The properly working brain processes the thought and lets it go. The anxious thought is just momentary then forgotten and ignored. In the malfunctioning brain, the thought cycles over and over. It can be exacerbated by a brain that does not filter thoughts and stimulus properly.

This is often treated with SSRI's. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors work to keep these neurotransmitters flowing in the proper direction without this cycling back and repeating.

I take L-Tryptophan and L-Theanine to help with an SSRI like effect without the SSRI side-effects.

This is a tough symptom to treat. Billions of dollars are made selling drugs to treat this.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Galaxy1012 (09-24-2014)