View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 07:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Oh my, you guys have so much knowledge!!

Glenntaj, I have been supplementing my b12 now for about 6 months. I use 1000mcg normal swallow supplements. I actually just had an upper and lower endoscopy a few weeks ago, that ruled out Celiac, and any sort of IBD, via biopsy. I have also had TSH and T4 blood tests that ruled out any thyroid involvement. My A1C was normal, and so was my 3 hour glucose tolerance test.

MrsD, I have been exposed to many organic solvents as well. I do not think I have had testing for marrow peptides/antibody excess. My neurologist had ordered a blood free light chain assay, to check me for amyloidosis. Both my Kappa and Lambda were marked low as well as my K/L ratio was marked low. The doc didn't mention anything about it being low, but I have been meaning to make an appointment with a hematologist to check it out. All other testing showed no indication of any M protein. I do not use any acid blocking drugs. Both my mother and grandmother have been diagnosed with pernicious anemia, and receive monthly b12 injections. I have never been vegan.

You guys are too awesome, thank you,
Joe V
Joe V is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote