Thread: SSD with LTD
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 08:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

when I was approved for SSD, my LTD benefits were soon approved less the SSD offset. Say ypu have woorked enough in your life time if you were to retire you would earn $600. a month but your current job you have been making much more than you ever had then you get sick and start drawing a % of what you made on your current job. If you have worked long enogh you will take the last 4 quarters and the 3 highest will be estimated and you will earn like 60% of your pay. After you are sick for a certain you apply for SSD. When approved you will get the amount you have worked in a life time. Every year we earn more points toward SSD. So let's say SSd apv's you for $600 a month. Because you paid into you last job to have LTD they will pay the differance up to your 60% of what you use to make. Say I get 1098 ssd then to make it even to the 60% I will get another check from my ltd for 500 or 1000 what ever the differance is. Your ltd depends on what you paid into the co. you worked for. SSD is points earned toward retirement.
monicad1974 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote