View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Wisdom tooth surgery site pain after a month.

So I'm 15 yrs old and I had my bottom left impacted wisdom tooth taken out a month and a few days ago. The initial pain had lasted for about a week and a half - two weeks and I had jaw problems from it. But after about 2 weeks, I could finally eat solid food and talk normally. For some weird reason, a bit of swelling still exists even today, around my jaw. But then a couple of days ago, I noticed that when I wake up, my teeth are clenched. I didn't really think much of it but yesterday I noticed a bit of swelling on the left side of my jaw, and it was extremely sensitive. I was a bit concerned, but soon I forgot about it because of school. Today, I had pretty sharp, intense pain pulsing through the wisdom tooth extraction site and my gum beside the area is pretty swollen and I am unable to smile or laugh because of the pain and of how uncomfortable it is. We're planning on booking an appointment with my dentist, but I still want to find out why it hurts so much before the appointment, just in case it takes a long time to see my dentist.

If anyone can help, that'll be great, thanks!
Chrissy1357 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote