View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 11:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I broke 4 more bones in the foot about 6 weeks ago as well as a chip in my wrist and one in a finger in a fall. MRI three weeks ago showed that the fractures in the foot have healed slightly askew but two of the metatarsals (long bones in the foot) no longer have marrow in them to produce new bone. They have cysts instead. Cannot be tended surgically because of the nerve deficit.

So...I'm pretty much walking without the aids again and using muscles that have not been used for the year since the bad breaks and am becoming stronger. None of the docs seem to agree on how I should approach this but my neuro has given permission for me to cautiously follow the route I'm now taking. The ortho says, "YOU have MS. It's progressive and a chronic illness. You will only get worse." Not listening to that man unless what he has to say pertains directly to bone healing.
Cherie
Cherie, I am sorry to hear you have broken more bones--what a disappointment that must have been, after all you've been through with that foot.

I hope your strategy of walking without the aids works out well. I guess using muscles is a good thing, right?? but please just don't fall anymore!!

Hmmm, the orthopedist sounds like he is seriously lacking in bedside manner and knowledge of what to say to patients--not to mention making statements on a subject that he's not an expert in! You are wise not to listen to him on that!

Take care Cherie/clinical1 and all (good to see you, Lady and Cherie/lady express)!

Nancy T.
Nancy T is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote