View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 08:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbob View Post
I need help understanding my MRI of my neck. I have severe pain in my shoulder blades going down my arms. Also very severe muscle spasms.

C4-c5 bilateral uncovertebral spurring ( more on right side) causes moderate to severe right sided neural foraminal stenosis and mild to moderate left sided neuralforaminalstenosiswithoutcentral canal stenosus.
First let me say I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL OF ANY TYPE.

But I do understand some of the terms used in your report by doing research on my own.

Bilateral means having or relating to two sides; affecting both sides.

Spurring means bone spurs have developed. From my understanding this can occur because the body sensing an injury tries to protect itself by growing more bone.

Spinal stenosis is narrowing of the spinal column that causes pressure on the spinal cord, or narrowing of the openings (called neural foramina) where spinal nerves leave the spinal column.

Quote:

At c6-7 a broad based disc protrusion is present which causes mild to moderate severity left sided neural stenosis, mild central canal stenosis and mild right sided neural foraminal stenosis.
A broad based protrusion means it is 25% to 50% bulged out (protruding from the disc). A herniated disc in other words.

Quote:
Also c6-7 moderate to severe anterior spondylitis.
Spondylitis is one of the most common causes of back and neck pain, and results from inflammation of the vertebral joints. The condition is often not detected until it has fully developed and is causing pain. The pain is usually concentrated around the cervical region of the neck, shoulder and lower spine, with downward-moving stinging pain. Types of spondylitis include: cervical spondylitis – which affects the cervical spine, causing pain to spread the back of the neck.

I am not surprised by your symptoms reading your post. Please follow up with your doctor who can explain in more detail and give you treatment options to hopefully get you pain free again.

Hope that helps you make a bit more sense of your report until you are seen. They write the report for a medical professional to read that is why we are often confused by them.

Katie
fourxlucky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote