View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 11:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayandnay View Post
My problem is that keep drawing judges with very low approval rates, not very intelligent, because the appeals council keeps sending it back. The judge that sent me on my CE exam which included a IQ and Memory Scale exam has 66% approval rating, so I'm cautiously optimistic. My remand order from appeals council only wants one thing cleared up, their doctors words, one says severe, the other says mild to moderate.
Dear Rayandnay,

Please do not let the approval rating of the ALJ frighten you. Think of it as just a statistic and nothing more. If you are qualified, the ALJ will approve you. A 66% approval rate means the ALJ APPROVES 66 out of every 100 claims that come before him/her. That does NOT mean that you will automatically fall in the 34% that are denied. There are a lot of people that apply that are NOT qualified and they are the people that fall into the 34 out of 100 that are denied. Never lose hope. (Ignore my name.)

Maybe the next time we hear from you, we will hear that you are number 67 out of the 100 and you raised his approval statistic.

Wishing you the best. Make Binder and Binder give you a copy of your SSDI file. Like Mz MIgraine said, they work FOR YOU, not the other way around. They will get paid if you are approved. They have a financial stake in helping you get approved. Also, the more YOU know about your claim file, the better prepared you will be. That will help level the playing field. If SSDI has more information than you do, that leaves you handicapped, not just disabled.

Last edited by Hopeless; 09-25-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added sentence
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rayandnay (09-25-2014)