View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 12:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

-- My dizziness was due to super tight jaw muscles due to TMJ due to habitual clenching. I fixed (or rather improved) that with "The Quieting Reflex" by Charles Stroebel. I still get a tight jaw, but not nearly as bad as before.

-- For diaphragmatic breathing, I learned that earlier from meditation books and martial arts classes, but:

-- I have trouble breathing through my nose due to deviated septum, swollen turbinates and nasal polyps. My scalenes often engage automatically to assist with breathing. I catch them kicking in as I fall asleep for example. I think I will have to get my nose fixed to get rid of this.

-- For posture, I've used "Get it Straight" by Janice Novak, "Somatics" by Thomas Hanna, YouTube videos and blog posts. I also had a chiro examine my posture and describe what he saw which was useful.

-- Another good source on posture and stress is "Somatics" by Thomas Hanna.

-- I've started reading the SaveYourself.ca ebooks, hoping to master the art of working on my own neck muscles. The material is interesting, although much wordier than it needs to be.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Akash (06-04-2015), Sea Pines 50 (09-30-2014)