View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 01:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChimarenTaylor1234 View Post
How many years did you have TOS before you got surgery? Dr. Sanders and Dr. Annest were my doctors but claimed I was inoperable after muscles above and below the collarbone "caved in".

I am six years disabled and in a bad way. I see others getting surgical help years after diagnosis and am wondering why I can't.....
Hi there, I never heard of muscles caving in!! Sounds a little strange. Seems like Dr Sanders just does scalenectomys vs rib resections from the posts on here. Reason could be hes a vascular surgeon n they dont like to remove bones, just not their forte.
I had bilateral tos surgeries w both ribs n muscles removed, had sx for 8 yrs preop.
Also a complex patient, due to having previous neck fushion, ulnar n decompression and a subacromian decompression.
I think u need to get another opinion. There are several other expert tos drs around the country. The newest tos book came out May 2013 which 4 experts contributed to the making of this book. U used to be able to read some parts online, but I dont think u can
anymore. Its put out by Springer.

anymore.
16rhonda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote