View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 09:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default FINALLY...diagnosed with TOS!

Hi everyone. I am new to this site. I was just diagnosed with TOS by a vascular surgeon. I hope I can get some answers here.

First off, is a vascular surgeon the best dr. to make the diagnosis? This is so complicated. He is the only Dr. who said he is sure I have TOS. The rest say maybe. Sound familiar? Should I get another opinion from a neurosurgeon? My Spine surgeon says I have TOS aspects, but he's not convinced it is TOS

I am an ultrasound technologist, and have been having numbness/tingling 4th and 5th digits for 4 years. After the 1st year, I injured myself at work, which resulted in an anular tear. Nine months of doctor appts and diagnostic studies, spine surgery and lots of pain later, I recovered for about three months. My current list of symptoms include: clavicle soreness and pain, scapula pain, left arm and hand burning sensation, numbness 4th and 5th digits. THings like driving, drying my hair, typing, and doing laundry have become a difficult chore.

I plan on 6 months TOS-targeted physical therapy. Before I decide about surgery can anyone give me advice on the success rate after the surgery? Is it worth it, or do I have as good a chance going with physical therapy?

I look forward to reading your stories. I hope you can help.

Thanks, glad to be here.
dianna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote