View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 04:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think anxiety can become like learnt behaviour after so long it becomes a habit. The other day I noticed I was shuffling about in the bathroom like I did in the first months of my injury when I felt really crappy. I suddenly thought what am I doing I don't feel like that any more. I've now started consciously doing things I avoided when ill, gradually reclaiming my normality back. One thing I noticed is that I've spent a lot of time thinking, just turning things over in my mind as soon as I wake up, I know this isn't natural as I used to spend more time not thinking at all or daydreaming. I think PCS does prey on intelligent highly strung folk more and anxiety can become ingrained if we're not careful. Laughter and sunlight are really powerful serotonin releasers and IME light exercise helps calm the mind.

I wouldn't worry too much about your sleeping times as long as you get unbroken restful sleep. It's only since the industrial revolution that sleeping from 11pm to 7pm has become the accepted norm. TBI can shift the wake/sleep pattern forward, I feel sleepier in the mornings than when I go to bed too. A CBTi sleep therapist told me that to change your sleep times you should do it by 15 minutes at a time and be strict about it.

Symptoms overcome: Nausea, head pressure, debilitating fatigue, jelly legs, raised pulse rate, night sweats, restlessness, depersonalisation, anxiety, neck ache, depression.
Symptoms left: Disturbed sleep, some residual tinnitus.
SuperElectric is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon1028 (09-26-2014), RAllen82 (09-26-2014)