View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI Vanessa - some random tidbits...
Migraines: RSD causes migraines as arteries and veins get inflamed and cut down on oxygen to the brain...OW. Also these "migraines" can actually be vascular headaches that are signs the RSD has spread into your neck/head (I think you said that you have had facial & jaw symptoms before?) Also/or "migraines" can be a signal of nervous systailure of the sort seen in Parkinsons so Parkinsons meds can help (Nemanda again).
Movement disorders and service dogs: well, this is RSD - movement disorders are 1 of the 4 facets of RSD, just not the most common one. When I was researching about problems initiating movement after brain injuries/ strokes, I read an article about service dogs who are trained to help with this problem by putting a paw on top of the foot of the leg that is frozen. For some weird reason, this can get the stuck leg moving/walking again! (and according to other posts today, cat/dog slobber is therapeutic too )
MS: I'm a bit dubious this is involved... it all sounds quite nastily RSD to me, but please please let us know what the new doc says!
Massage: amazing at reducing pain if movement disorder and muscle spasms are involved. Muscles are really strong, and when in spasm can knock your bones and joints and ligaments out, and ribs and everything, which generates more pain (Rosie's recent horror story!!!) Find a MT who knows myofascial, is familiar with fibromyalgia patients, and who will read up about RSD.
PT: use your muscles. Muscle wasting a big danger sweetheart - my friend was a national champion runner, but her right leg is now about as wide around as my wrist.
I wish I could wrap you up in a big hug. Don't give up honey. Hang on.
mollymcn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote